Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Still Finding

Dearest,
With 10 minutes remaining, I apologize for not writing this email last week.  There was a lot going on spiritually and temporally.  Some really good memories were created that I will just have to write in my journal.
The Work here is plugging along.  Most of it is finding people to teach, however, since we just opened the area, and there was a confusion in the records as to whose area people belonged to and whatnot.  All of our lessons but one this past week were to investigators of the Church.  President Jeppson is emphasizing consecration and contacting this month and set a goal of contacting 10 people per day.  Elder Walker and I end up contacting 15 per day and inviting a couple to be baptized if they find out from God that the Book of Mormon is His book!

General Conference was amazing though!  I loved Elder Bednar's talk about how the Atonement of Jesus Christ was accomplished not just to take our sins, but to strengthen us.  It enables us to become better people.  Something that Elder Walker and I love to teach is that Jesus Christ did not just die for our sins; I wouldn't die for my mom because she's a sinner.  He died to preserve the good in us.  Whatever form the help that comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ helps us to become stronger and more godly, which is God's purpose for us in the first place.

I love you all!
Love,
Elder deJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment