Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Christmas, Harry!

I-I'm a what?

So...We spent 7 days inside of a church building for the past 7 days.  I performed 3 solos in the past 7 days.  The first was during the Christmas English mission fireside that I wrote about last week.  The second was like unto it, singing a Christmas medley Elder Ramos and I wrote for the all-mission Christmas party.  Then I sang O Holy Night for Sis. Margaret's baptism yesterday.

Sis. Margaret was baptized yesterday.  She was so happy.  The program went alright.  She bore her testimony of how she had wanted to be a member of the Church since she was in Nigeria so she called the missionaries and waited forever to be baptized.  She finally was, and the Spirit of the Lord was in that room when she said, "I know that this Church is true."

Then there was Brazilian food after the service.  Farofa.  Mm..

It turns out that Bishop Brown founded his church and thus will have a tough time leaving it.  So he won't be baptized anytime soon.

Speaking of Mm, Max and Meylyn are doing fantastically, thanks to Chris and Christie.

We were almost taken out on a Sabbath evening to eat at the fancy Mompou on Ferry Street.  We street-contacted two elderly ladies that said, "Lookee here!  We found ourselves two hot dates!"  I introduced ourselves as 20 years old.  Then they were like, "Is that Mom-poo place any good?"  I said, "No, it's closed."  "Okay.  Let's go to that Spanish bar."  We somehow escaped.  But we got their numbers.  Easy.

It's been an exhausting week.  I'm just glad to--

My word!  It's almost Christmas!!!  6 more months, baby!  #Trunky

Love,
Elder deJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment