Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Schmirthday

Dear All,

The Twelfth was the end of my twentieth life-year and also the anniversary of the independence of the Philippine Islands.  Happy Father's Day.

For my birthday, I enjoyed recovering from bronchitis.  We were also informed that there are three people now who contemplate or have completed receding from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It has been a sobering week.  Members, please do be careful what you say or don't say.

Bad news aside, I went on exchange to the hood again!  Plainfield, West End!!!  We contacted an Irishman: "My name is Elder deJesus."  "I'm Elder Clow."  He said, "Who's yer PAH-sterr (pastor)?"  "Bishop So-and-so."  "Who's yer pahsterr's pahsterr?"  "What are you trying to say?"  "Jesus is my pahsterr.  You're wrong."  "We have His apostles and prophets."  "Oh."  I love contacting!

We went to the all-mission conference and said goodbye to our beloved President Jeppson and Sister Jeppson.  They will be replaced by President and Sister Taggart, who are bringing their 17-year-old daughter.  As if working with flirty YSA and young women weren't trouble enough!  But we are excited for this big change.  President and Sister Jeppson will be deeply missed.

I Skyped my family. 

Not much else going on in this part of the Vineyard.

I love you all.

Love,
Elder deJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment